Lips exfoliation is important to remove dead skin that can make your lips dry and flaky.Our lips do not have oil producing glands and that’s why even after little ignorance and lack of moisture, our lips become dry and chapped very easily. Lip scrubs after removing dead skin cells not only make your lips soft and smooth but also prevent dry and chapped lips. There are many lip scrubs available in the market but you can make your own lip scrub at home using natural ingredients which are given below:
1. Sugar, Honey and Olive Oil Scrub
Sugar is often used in body scrubs and we are going to use it in this lip scrub as well. Honey will deeply moisturize lips and make them more soft. To prepare this natural scrub you need the following ingredients:
- Brown or white Sugar ——-1 tablespoon
- Honey ———————–1 tablespoon
- Olive Oil ——————– 1 tablespoon
Mix all of the ingredients in a small bowl until it reaches a thick consistency. Now you can apply the mixture on your lips. Gently rub the scrub with your finger on your lips for 1-2 minutes. Leave it on for 5 minutes and then rinse with lukewarm water. Finally apply a natural moisturizing oil or lip balm to lock moisture.
2. Coffee and Olive Oil Scrub
This is a gentle exfoliant than sugar. Coarsely grounded coffee is used in this recipe. For this scrub you need the following ingredients :
- Coarsely grounded coffee —–1 tablespoon
- Olive oil ———————–1 tablespoon
Mix both the ingredients well and apply on your lips. Gently rub for 2-3 minutes and leave it on for 5 minutes. Rinse with water and apply coconut oil or olive oil to make your lips soft.
3. Almond oil, Olive oil, Honey and Sugar Scrub
This lip scrub not only exfoliate your dead skin cells but also rejuvenate them and make them soft and supple. To make this scrub you need the following ingredients:
- Almond Oil ————- 1/2 teaspoon
- Olive Oil —————- 1/2 teaspoon
- Vitamin E Oil ———– 1/2 teaspoon
- Honey —————— 1/2 teaspoon
- Sugar ——————- 2 teaspoons
Mix all the ingredients until become a thick coarse paste then with help of your fingertip apply on your lips. Gently rub for 1-2 minutes. Let it stay for 5-8 minutes then remove the scrub by using a damp tissue paper and then rinse off with lukewarm water.
4. Sugar, Honey and Lime Juice Lip Scrub
This scrub not only exfoliate your lips but also brings natural glow on your lips and rejuvenate them. To make this scrub, you are required the following ingredients:
- Granulated White Sugar ——1/2 teaspoon
- Honey ———————–1/2 teaspoon
- Fresh Lime juice ————-1/2 teaspoon
First mix well the sugar and honey together until they are fully combined. Now add lime juice and again mix all the ingredients to get a coarse paste. By using your fingertips apply this on your lips and completely cover your lips. Now gently rub for 2-3 minutes to exfoliate dead skin cells. Leave for 5 minutes and then rinse off using lukewarm water. Finally pat dry your skin and apply a good moisturizer or your favourite lip balm.
5. Yogurt, Milk and Oatmeal Lip Scrub
A creamy scrub made from yogurt, milk and oatmeal is very helpful for lip exfoliation of a sensitive skin. To make this lip scrub at home you need the following ingredients:
- Yogurt ————————- 1/2 Tablespoon
- Milk —————————1/2 Tablespoon
- Coarsely-ground Oatmeal ——1 Tablespoon
Mix well the above ingredients to make a coarsely creamy paste and then apply on your clean lips. Rub for 2-3 minutes and then leave for 5-7 minutes on your lips. Finally rinse off using lukewarm water and pat dry your skin.
Some Other Important Tips:
- (i) Never scrub damaged, wounded, extremely chapped or cracked lips. First cure them and then use any lip scrub.
- (ii) Remove any kind of lipstick, lip gloss, or balms before applying any lip scrub. First clean your lips and then gently apply lip scrub.
- (iii) You can use these scrubs only once a week because excessive exfoliation removes natural moisture and results in painful chapped lips.
- (iv) After lip scrub, always apply a good lip moisturizer to prevent lip dryness.